Due to the overwhelming success of our recipe for the “Best Steak Marinade,” we have decided to follow-up on that recipe, and give our travelers our favorite chicken marinade recipes. Chicken is such a diverse protein that we couldn’t just divulge one of our favorite recipes — we gave up three great chicken marinade recipes that you can make from-scratch. These are three different recipes, with three very different tastes and results. We hope that you enjoy all of them, and we will be working hard to bring you more recipes, meals, and destinations you can enjoy…
Old Pub Chicken Marinade – $
This recipe is great for Budget Ingredients and tastes great.
We love it because it really makes any chicken taste like very Good Pub-Style Chicken.
Use as a Quick Marinade before applying a wet batter.
Suggested uses: Chicken Strips, Chicken Skewers, Grilled Chicken, Seared Chicken.
Also tastes great on Shrimp.
- 1 16oz can of a Full-Bodied Lager Beer — PABST Blue Ribbon or Budweiser works-best
- 1 Medium Lime
- 4 Tablespoons of Malt Vinegar — (About 5 packets from your local chip shack or seafood restaurant)
- 1 tablespoon of Whole Celery Seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 tablespoon of Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon of Chopped Garlic (Fresh or jarred)
- Take 2-3 Whole Chicken Breasts (or your selected cut) and place in a 1 gallon Zipper bag.
- Add fresh garlic, peppercorns, celery seeds, garlic and salt.
- Grate the zest of the entire lime into the chicken and spice mixture. (Only the green stuff — not the white, it is too biter)
- Add Malt Vinegar and close the zipper bag, removing 2/3 of the air in the bag.
- Gently massage the spices and vinegar around the chicken, dispersing the ingredients.
- Let sit for 15 minutes
- Take a cold 16 oz lager beer and slowly add over the chicken in the bag, making sure not to let too much foam occur.
- Let rest and marinate for 15 more minutes and serve, or seal bag and refrigerate for use within 12 hours.
Spicy Outdoor Grilling Chicken Marinade – $$
- 1 Dried Red Chile
- 1 can Diced Green Chiles
- 1 12 oz Mexican Beer
- 2 Shots of Tequila (Type and Brand of your preference)
- 1/3 Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3 Teaspoons of Ground Cumin
- 3 Teaspoons of Garlic Powder
- 2/3 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- To begin, Take 1 dried chile and place in a bowl.
- Soak the Chile with the shots of tequila.
- Let sit for 2-3 minutes (Reminder that that chile is now very flammable).
- As the chile begins to rehydrate with tequila, add the Cumin, Garlic Powder.
- Mix the Salt, Pepper and Green Chiles into the mixture and let sit.
- Take mixture and pour over raw chicken (Your Cut of Choice).
- Add Rice Wine Vinegar, mix the chicken to coat, then add the Olive oil.
- Mix again.
- Slowly add a 12 oz Mexican Beer, seal the bag, and marinate for up to 24 hours.
Luxury Steamship Chicken Marinade – $$$
EDITOR’S NOTE: I would like to preface this recipe by first saying that the recipe was inspired by a love for the luxury steam ships of the early half of the 20th century. I was lucky enough to come across a great book that detailed the recipes used on the White Star Lines and Titanic. While this recipe is an original, The Ingredients were inspired by a Scallop Salad Dressing that was actually served on the Titanic. It is a light and delicate dressing/marinade, so feel free to use it on seafood and even Sushi and Steak Tartar.
This is a very Delicate Recipe, and takes some care to prepare… add some Interesting Ingredients to the mix, and this dish may sound intimidating; but don’t worry, just recognize the delicacy of the dish and add things daintily — a little goes a long way with this one.
Risotto, White Wine, Steak Medallions, Fresh Gorgonzola, and Light Pastas.
Do Not Drink Champagne with this dish… It tends to be too much for one to handle… though, a sipping-brandy is nice.
Fore-go the marinade… and use this recipe as a light, and healthy salad dressing.
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Coriander
- 2 Tablespoons of Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Black Sesame seeds (Cracked)
- 1/2 cup of Sliced Strawberries
- 1 Tangerine (Orange for Substitute)
- 2 Whole Cloves
- 1 cup of Champagne Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of Granulated Sugar
- Prepare your protein (Poultry or Seafood, but in this case we are using Chicken Breasts) and be sure that it is clean and presentable.
- Take your cloves and insert them into the protein at opposite ends (Cloves are strong, so 2 are usually sufficient, but can be adjusted.)
- Dust the raw chicken breast with the Granulated Sugar, coating it thoroughly, and place in a casserole dish.
- Dust Chicken Breast with Ground Coriander and cracked Black Sesame Seeds.
- Drizzle Chicken Breast with Grapeseed Oil.
- Layer Strawberries on top of spices and Chicken Breast.
- Juice 1 Tangerine (1/3 Orange substitute) over the strawberry slices.
- Slowly drizzle the champagne vinegar over the stacked chicken breast and frequently spoon the liquid over the stack.
- Continue to spoon-marinate for 10 minutes for seafood, 20 minutes for poultry, and 5 minutes for beef.
Again, do not be apprehensive about this recipe. It is a simple, old-world, recipe that is delicious and simple — yet extravagant — as long as you get the correct ingredients that are easy to find. DO — however — remember to grill, sear, or steam this chicken gently. The flavors are holding loosely to the protein, and can cook-out quickly — if unattended.
Want more from iBellhop.com Room Service?
Follow us on Facebook for our Favorite Dishes and Recipes…
See Our Award-Winning “Best Steak Marinade” Recipe: