Summer Grilling wouldn’t be nearly half as much fun without the never-ending list of sides to pair with grilled entrees. One great side that is often forgotten is the Onion Rings — and these are the Perfect Onion Rings…
- 1 Large Yellow Onion Farm Fresh and Organic
- 1 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika (Hungarian if Available)
- 1 1/2 Cups of Beer (We find that cheaper beer seems to give a very good aroma)
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- Slice the bottom and top root bundle off of the onion and stand it up on its side so that your will be slicing rings.
- Slice to your desired thickness, Thin onion rings are just as tasty as thick cut onion rings.
- Pull the rings apart in layers and set in a shallow dish.
- Cover the onions with 1/2 Cup of Milk mixed with 1 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper. Let the onions soak up some of the milk and the spice from the Cayenne.
- Aside, begin making your beer batter.
- Combine 1 Cup of All Purpose Flour, 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper, 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika.
- Aside, combine 1 Egg Beaten and 1 1/2 Cups of Beer.
- Add the 1 Cup of All Purpose Flour, 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper, 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika to the beer/egg mixture and combine.
- Remove Onion Rings from the milk marinade and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Dredge onion rings into the batter mixture (Batter should be fairly loose and almost watery.
- Fry those onion rings!
TIP: For extra crunchiness, you can sprinkle bread crumbs on the rings after battering them.
Stick around for more great recipes as we celebrate Summer Grilling 2013